Friday, May 11, 2012

Ice Cream Cylinder/Vase



Last Sunday my husband and I stopped at a yard sale and I bought 2 things. A necklace that had a pendant with the number "48" and a tall aluminum cylinder. At the time, I didn't know what the cylinder was but I knew instantly what I wanted to do with it.



After I studied on it for awhile I figured out the cylinder was the insides of an old ice cream maker. It stands about 12" tall and near the top is a "fill line".


I had an old band of burlap that I glued around the middle. I added twine, a button, an old key, and the necklace I had purchased at the sale.


I added some silk hydrangeas I had on hand.



At the sale the necklace was priced at $1.00 but there was no price on the cylinder. When I asked the lady how much it was she said "Oh, you can just have that old thing".
Lucky for me she doesn't "get it". hehe
I'm pretty happy with the results and it was real quick and easy to put together.
I am linking up with:

 romantichome.blogspot.com

thethriftygroove.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. I love how you used the ice cream cylinder! So fresh and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun find! And you embellished it wonderfully! Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you are have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie! I am back to let you know that I am featuring this post at this week's TTF party! The post will be live thursday at 4:00. I hope to see you join the party again and drop by to grab the "I was featured" button for your blog. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diann, Thanks for the exciting news. Looking forward to grabbing the button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool Connie!! I love what you did with it. Happy Memorial Day Weekend my friend!
    You were featured!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave a comment and I will be happy to leave one for you, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...