Friday, December 21, 2012

1930s China Cabinet Update

I was hoping to finish this project before Christmas but I've decided it isn't going to happen. Some of the hardware I ordered is back ordered so I will just have to wait.
So for those of you that have been checking on my progress, I will give you a sneak peek.


To refresh your memory, here is a "before" picture.


I decided to paint the outside of the cabinet Heirloom White. On the inside I used Bird Song Blue.
This has been a big project.
So far I've worked about 20 hours but it will be so worth it when I'm finished.



 

Mr. Shabby did a wonderful job repairing the broken/missing fretwork.
After I painted the cabinet, I lightly distressed it.
I wasn't sure if I should distress the fretwork or not but it looked "too new" after I painted it.
A talented friend of mine suggested I add a little of the blue to the inside edges.
I pretty much had to distress it to make it look right.




The fretwork on this piece is just beautiful.
As soon as I finish this project I will be sure to show it to you.


                                                                         

6 comments:

  1. That is a huge project but it sure is looking nice-don't you hate it when something is delayed and all you want to do is finish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie, Yes, but I just have to be patient. Thanks for stopping by...Connie

      Delete
  2. I am excited to see you complete this project because I have a project similar to it! I have an armoire I am going to be painting after it gets "tuned up" and everything all tight and settled. My hubby made some shelves in it and I am happy about those! I will be posting about it as well!
    Happy Hearts at Christmas!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy, Can't wait to see the armoire! Thanks for stopping by...Connie

      Delete
  3. Hello!!
    Thanks so much for your visit to my blog. I am sorry that it took me so long to get back to you. I LOVE your makeover here!! I have signed up to follow you and i hope you will consider following Debbie-Dabble.
    Happy New Year!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, Thanks for following. I am now following you, too...Connie

      Delete

I would love for you to leave a comment and I will be happy to leave one for you, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...