Thursday, April 25, 2013

What Are Friends For?

I was on my way to work, minding my own business, when my phone rang.
Ringggg Ringggg.
It was a friend of mine who says she has a dilemma.
She's on her way out of town when she spots 4 old screen doors curbside and she has no time to get them.
Could I please go pick them up?
She says if I do, she will keep 3 and I can have 1.
Now, when I was in the first grade I remember my teacher asking "If you have 4 screen doors and your friend keeps 3 of them, how many do you have left"?
I remember asking my teacher "Teacher, that doesn't sound right, does it"?
So I asked my friend, how about if I keep 2 and you keep 2?
After all, she found them and I picked them up.
That arrangement was agreeable to both of us.

Here's what they looked like curbside.
I decided to call Mr. Shabby to come get them.
He hates it when I load dirty things in my car.
I quickly took a few pictures while I was waiting for him.
Also, I looked around for more treasures.



As you can see, they are pretty rough.
But the thing I absolutely love is the inserts.
Every one of the doors have one.



If I were laying in bed dreaming about things I would like to find for free, I never would have imagined anything this wonderful.
I see these sorts of things in blogs all the time and wonder how in the world do you girls find all this wonderful stuff?



I'm loving these inserts.
Now, what to do with them?



We dropped off two of the doors at my friends house.
I think they all looked about the same but I didn't have a lot of time to examine them.
I didn't see anymore treasures but we have an agreement.
Anything else wonderful we find at this house we will split.
Woot!
Linking to:

 
 





7 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you..50/50. I love insets too!

    CArol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your right-those inserts are something of wonder. I never see that kind of stuff on the curb dang it.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie,
    Those are great!! Can't wait to see what you will do with them!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. The screen doors are real finds! I am sure you think of
    something fabulous to do with the inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the screen doors. I just lean mine against the wall and stick a trunk in front. I rarely do more than clean and wax them. Your friend found true treasure and you were the lucky one to haul them home! With two, I sometimes will hinge them to place in a corner. Connie, there is no end to how I would use these. I am in love with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby and I one yr. was driving home past a church and there was a sign on this old heavy wood 6 ft. ladder FREE. Stop the car ! So we hauled it home. We have used it as a regular ladder but like I said it is heavy. Then one day I was looking out my dn.rm. window and the squirrels had mud all over our green house siding. So I asked my hubby to lean it against the wall. I have found good use for it. The squirrels climb up it to their feeder. yrs. ago I was at a thrift store and for $1.00 I got this old chicken pane window someone had added a flower box to and it had no glass in the frames. We hung it by chains off th eves of the green house roof. We put it on the North side where we have no window; and it makes for a window.Thanks for the decoration ideas with ladders.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave a comment and I will be happy to leave one for you, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...